Odrive Desktop not starting

Hi,

I just installed odrive2 desktop client 472 onto a new PC, which was working fine earlier today and fully synced everything. After restarting and installing latest Windows updates, the client no longer starts when I boot the machine, and each time I try to run the program, the task manager lists it for a few seconds, it then marks as (suspended), then shuts down.

I have tried to uninstall/reinstall, and each time, it is possible to run the program immediately after installing, but it won’t allow me to log in correctly (repeatedly prompts for password, but doesn’t return incorrect password error).

Is this a known issue?

Hi @oscar_dang,
Let’s try a few things.

Since you are able to start odrive initially, instead of trying to login, can you go to the tray menu and select “Deauthorize”. This will ensure that we are starting with a fresh cache. After confirming that action, click on “Sign In” and see if you are able to proceed now.

If you are still having issues, can you grab the logs for me to look at? You can find them in AppData\Local\odrive2beta\log under your user home directory. If you copy and paste this into the Windows Explorer navigation bar and hit enter, it will also take you straight there: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\odrive2beta\log

The logfile that should be most relevant is the odrive.log

See log here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E-fNrfPVIQuRSZWlL8GNJ6X-H2Y_J50Q/view?usp=sharing

I couldn’t get odrive to open again unfortunately

Thanks @oscar_dang,
Unfortunately the logs aren’t giving an indication of why you are having startup issues.

Lets try the following:
1 - Uninstall odrive2beta
2 - Delete the entire %userprofile%\AppData\Local\odrive2beta folder
3 - Restart Windows
4 - Install odrive2beta again

After this are you able to run the app and login? If so, are you able to quit and start again?