Supported for data encryption?

Hey team, loving the relatively quick progress on oDrive 2!

Unfortunately, I’ve had to go back to oDrive 1! so I have access to my all encrypted data in oDrive1.

When will the oDrive 2 supported for data encryption to let me use oDrive 2 mobile and desktop client to access oDrive 1 encrypted folder ?

Cheers!

Hey @angelmic, thank you! Yes, we have encryption in our pipeline and we are working to get it out as soon as we possibly can.

Meanwhile, if you haven’t already, you should check out Odrive2 for desktop and try out the features we recently rolled out :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Thanks Navya, where can I get the Mac desktop client for oDrive 2 ?

Is there any possibility we can get some sort of filename collapsing or an option to turn on shorter filenames even if that means a higher chance of collision? When using encryption with OneDrive you hit the filename character limit extremely quick.

Hi @naterik,
The first phase of the new odrive2 encryption will be a data-only encryption. This means you won’t have the filename encryption, which we know may be a deal-breaker for some, but it will provide a baseline, easy-to-use, zero-knowledge encryption method for user data that will not hit the typical issues with filename encryption (path length, organization, portability across clients, overhead, etc). odrive1 encryption feedback has shown us that there are lots of folks that would prefer this for their use cases.

Beyond phase one, we are looking at ways to reduce the path length when using filename encryption.

Hi @angelmic,
We don’t have a mac desktop client available yet, but it is in the works.